1) Name: Vie
2) Age: 20
3) A) Have you read all of the Harry Potter books that are out currently? Most assuredly.
B) How many are there? (Excluding the two done for charity) Seven
C) Which one was your favorite? Explain. My favorite would have to be, The Prisoner of Azkaban, hands down. I positively adore Lupin, and as this is the book where we see him the most it naturally became my favorite. However, I also feel that it was the last sort of upbeat, playful story, before the series turned into multiple scenarios of kill or be killed.
4) A) If you attended Hogwarts, what would be your favorite subjects? Charms and Defense Against the Dark Arts.
B) Why? Charms, because I absolutely love the thought of having a wand and the different forms of havoc I could wreak. (Ignore the Havoc. IGNORE) Defense Against the Dark Arts, because it simply seems like a fantastic subject and I can’t really describe why it catches my attention the way it does.
5) If you could store one memory in a Pensieve, what would it be? Explain. It would have to be the memory of the day that my mother and I worked together to prank a co-worker of hers. And yes, I said (or wrote) my mother. The great thing about it, other than the fact that it worked beautifully, was that this guy is a teacher, so I had a whole student audience to perform in front of. J
6) If you were to face a Boggart, what do you think it would turn into? Explain why you think this. It wouldn’t really turn into anything, as it would become darker than depths of the ocean, and a starless, moonless night, combined. The dark turns my brain, and my senses to mush, and I wait for that thing to go squish in the night, because nobody had the nerve to tell it truly respectable things bump.
7) What do you think you would see in the Mirror of Erised? Assurance of a positive future. While I may be afraid of the dark, nothing worries me like not knowing where tomorrow will have me.
8) Would you have put your name in the Goblet of Fire? Explain you reasoning. No. I have, nor ever shall have, a desire for power or fame.
9) A) Would you use an Unforgivable Curse, and if so, under what circumstances would you use an Unforgivable Curse? If it came down to the safety of my friends, my family, or myself, there would be no hesitation.
B) Why? Because they’d do it for me, and loyalty goes both ways.
10) What house do you think you would be wrong to be put in, and why? Hufflepuff, as I have little to no patience when dealing with idiots, and I seem to avoid actual work at all costs.
11) Put the following words in order of importance to you: Adventurous, Ardent, Acute, Crafty, Benevolent, Accommodating, Burlesque, Drive. Please explain your top three and the one you placed last. Crafty, Acute, Ardent, Burlesque, Adventurous, Drive, Accommodating, Benevolent.
Crafty, because a mind should not be put to conventional uses.
Acute, as accurate perception is crucial to anything and everything we do.
Ardent, because without passion for anything, nothing would be all there is.
Benevolent, because, as bad as a person as this may make me, not everyone deserves to be treated kindly.
12) What single quality do you feel goes the furthest in defining who you are? Sarcastic. Wit and whim are all well and good, but nothing comes of it if they are not voiced. However, I only ever use sarcasm around those whom I know, and never use it to do harm to those I care for. (At least, it is not my intention) I never use it around people I do not know, however, and it usually takes me awhile before I know what can have fun poked at it, and what should be left to lie.
13) What makes a person deserving of your respect? I respect those who respect others.
14) What character from the series so you mostly relate to? Explain. Snape, I’m sad to say. Though I will admit my outlook on life is not nearly as dark as his, mine does have definite shadow to it. Also, his personal life and mine have highly uncomfortable similarities.
15) What qualities do you possess from each of the four houses? (Please try using one from each)
Slytherin- When I set my mind to something it is best to stay out of my way. I am adept at bending the truth and think quick on my feet, so you rarely know if I’m up to something, or merely passing the time.
Gryffindor- Considering the number of times my mother has told me this it must be true. I am unmovable when I set my mind to it, and it can be difficult to sway my opinions.
Ravenclaw- I love to think outside the box. Give me a puzzle or riddle to solve and I’ll go at it. I may not always be successful, but you can be sure that I will always give it a go.
Hufflepuff- When I want to know about something, I don’t hold back. The more angles and scenarios I can get on something the better.
16) A) If you could change one thing about yourself, would you? Yes
B) What would it be if you did? That I could spell
C) Why? Because spell check may be fine and dandy, but it’s not installed in my notebooks
17) How did you find us? If it was a post, say where and who posted it. (If possible, please leave a link to the actual post you saw.) I believe I saw it in a Remus community, but I can’t truly remember which one. I do know it was posted by poisonedblood if that helps any.
18) Have you applied here before? If so, can you please leave a link to your last application? Nope
19) A) Why should we accept you? I suppose at least you haven’t asked me my favorite color. :P I would love to be accepted into your community, as this is the first one I’ve really had to apply for. But in the end my dears, it’s all up to you.
B) What makes you so different form the other applicants we’re reviewing after you?
My method of thought, of my off sense of humor. I have a tendency to ramble off on odd bits of thought for minutes on end, and then switch to a topic on the opposite end of the pool.
20) How many hours a week do you expect to be able to put into this community?
I’d say about 2-5. Life is crazy at the moment so I can’t really pin down a number for you, sorry ^^;
21) Please leave some way of communication. (Either E-mail or AIM)
22) If you are sorted into a House that Does not have a Head of House, would you be interested in being one. If one is needed I suppose, but like I said earlier, I have no interest in positions of power or leadership.