2. Age: 18
3. A) Have you read all of the Harry Potter books that are out currently? Yes
B) How many are there (excluding the two books done for charity)? Seven.
C)Which one was your favourite? Explain. Chamber of Secrets is my favorite because I love the way the story unfolds.
4. A)If you attended Hogwarts, what would be your favourite subject?
Defense Against the Dark Arts
B) Why? I'm fascinated by the weapons used by "the bad guys." I'm a good girl, but there's that little itch that tells me that the bad is just as, if not more, interesting. It'd be out of curiousity.
5. If you could store one memory in a Pensieve, what would it be? Explain. I would store the memory of the first night I ever spent in Santa Fe, New Mexico from my sophomore year of high school. We got into Santa Fe around midnight, and walked along The Plaza. I was cold, and smelled amazing.
To me, there hasn't been a better trip since then. I've been back to Santa Fe twice, and the first time still strikes me as the best one just because it was new and fresh, and the curiousity was killing me.
6. If you were to face a boggart, what do you think it would it turn into? Explain why you think this.
It would turn into the people that I love most in this world telling me that I've failed. Failure is my biggest fear, and my biggest worry. But, it's also my biggest motivator. So, while the fear itself would knock me down for a minute or so, I'd be back and more determined to fight it.
7. What do you think you would you see in the Mirror of Erised?
I normally say something about my career here. And while that's entirely true (I only want a career - I've never wanted to be a mom, and if I end up married.. that's great, but if I don't? That's okay too. I'm content to be alone, because I think that my career choice is that important), there's something else that's just as important as that.
I would see myself laughing. There isn't a thing that I love more in this world that laughter. I love how it makes you feel, how it sounds, and I even love being the butt of a joke. It just makes me happy.
8. Would you have put your name in the Goblet of Fire? Explain your reasoning.
Yes, I would've put my name in the Goblet. I would've done it simply because Dumbledore spoke of how difficult the tasks would be. I'm not afraid of a challenge, and if someone tells me that it's difficult - I'm likely to try it just for the chance to prove them wrong.
9. A)Would you use an Unforgiveable Curse, and if so, under what circumstances would you use an Unforgivable Curse?
Yes, and without a second thought, if I (or someone that I love) was in grave danger.
B)Why? I take it personally if the people that I love are in danger. I have a bit of a hero-complex. But, more than that - why is it wrong to use one if you're in true danger? I believe that it's just as fair for me to use it to retaliate as it is for the people attempting to harm me to use it.
10. What house do you think you would be wrong to be put in, and why?
Yes, I'm loyal, and yes I'm a fierce friend - but I think that my ambition outweights both of those things because I'm not afraid to step on people to get what I want.
11. Put the following words in order of importance to you: Adventurous, Ardent, Acute, Crafty, Benevolent, Accommodating, Burlesque, Drive. Please explain your top three and the one you place last.
Drive, Crafty, Ardent, Adventurous, Benevolent, Acute, Accomodating, Burlesque.
Drive: I'm a believer that you won't do something great unless you're driven to do it. And I'm quite driven to succeed.
Crafty: I generally get what I want, even if I have to think of a sneakier way of doing it. I don't let people tell me no, unless I don't see a way around it. My craftiness has often gotten me into trouble.
Ardent: When I care, I care. I don't do things half-assed.
Burlesque: I find humor in mockery just as much (or probably more than) the next person, but I don't find it to be as important as everything else on this list.
12. What single quality do you feel goes the furthest in defining who you are? Explain why.
My passion for politics shapes so much of who I am, and what I want from life.
I've always been political. I've been loud, opinionated, and knowledgeable my entire life. But, nowadays, I find that politics drives me more than ever. It's what I want to do with my life, it's what I know and feel most comfortable talking about.
13. What makes a person deserving of your respect?
Intelligence has a lot to do with it, as I don't have time or patience for stupidity. But, it's more presence than anything else - if you rub me the wrong way, I won't respect you. If that's the case, it takes a lot to get you back into my good graces. I don't waste my time with people that I don't respect, and that's that.
14. What character from the series do you most relate to? Explain.
I relate most to Hermoine, because as Snape so eloquently put it in Prisoner of Azkaban, I'm also "an insufferable know-it-all." And, yes, I do enjoy that.
But, like her, I love to learn. I feel that the more I know, the better off I'll be.
Unfortunately, I also have the tendency to befriend boys who fail to notice that I'm a girl.
15. What qualities do you possess from each of the four houses (Please try choosing one from each)?
Slytherin: I'm not afraid to step on people to get what I want. I don't like doing things the back way, but if I have to do it to get what I want.. I'll do it. On the outside, I'm a sweet girl - but don't let that fool you, I can probably play the game a lot dirtier than you and get in a lot less trouble for it.
Gryffindor: I'm a leader by nature. I'm stubborn and set in my ways. I don't change my mind easily - once I've made my decision, it's decided.
Hufflepuff: I'm a fierce friend - I give a lot of myself to the people that I care about, and will set what I'm doing aside to help them out with something.
Ravenclaw: I love to learn, and not just what I "have" to know. I'm a seeker of knowledge. I think that the more I know, the better off I'll be.
16. A) If you could change one thing about yourself, would you? Yes.
B) What would it be if you did? I'd make myself a little more patient.
C) Why? Because, unfortunately, life doesn't work on my timetable. I find it infuriating when I have to wait on others for anything. This is a large part of why I want to do what I want to do with my life (my dream job is to run a Congressional staff - I want to be the go-to person for a Senator, making myself keeper of the schedule). But, I think that a little more patience would go a long way to making me slightly less bitchy to be around.
17. How did you find us? From a link on harry_potter's profile.
18. Have you applied before? If so, can you please leave a link to your last application?</b> No.
19. A) Why should we accept you? Because I'd make a good addition to the community? Honestly, I don't have a reason other than the fact that I think this is the more realistic of the sorting communities I've seen and that I would love to be a part of it.
B)What makes you different than the other applicants we’re reviewing after you?
20. How many hours weekly do you expect to be able to put into this community? One to two, as I'll be a college freshman in two weeks and will be busy adjusting to college life. Once I get into a routine, it could be more.
21. Please leave some way of communication (either e-mail or AIM) here. If you do not feel confortable leaving such information open to the public, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the said information, and please state who you are also (meaning giving me your name and LJ name). If you are accepted, this information will be given to your future HoH, so they can contact you if needed. AIM = thesensibleshoes. Email = email@example.com
22. If you are sorted into a House that does not have an Head of House, would you be interested in being one? Yes.