2. Age: 14
3. A) Have you read all of the Harry Potter books that are out currently? I have read all of the current books, though I’ve only read a few sections out of Quidditch Through the Ages and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
B) How many are there (excluding the two books done for charity)? There are six currently, though it’s just over a month until the 7th is released! (ANTICIPATION!)
C)Which one was your favourite? Explain.
I would have to say that the fifth is my favorite, though the fourth is a very close second.
The fifth is at the top for me because it’s the start of everything. It’s really when the series comes to a bursting point and all the action starts. This particular book really holds my attention and that’s nice for a change, that’s something that some of the other books somewhat lacked. Don’t get me wrong, they were extremely interesting, but they didn’t seem to have the perfect balance of everything. I liked how emotional the fifth book was, but every once in a while you had comic relief. There was still a bit of the teen angst of book four, but you could also see them growing up and becoming more mature. And also, much of the humor was more dark and satirical than previous books, it seemed like she was almost catering to the older audience than just handing it to you like she would with a younger audience.
4. A)If you attended Hogwarts, what would be your favourite subject? Charms or Potions, it’s really a toss-up.
B) Why? Charms because I could be creative and all of the spells are really useful, I think I’d have a good time with some of them…
And Potions because I think I’d be pretty good at it, whenever I want to be I can be very precise and detailed. I think also if they taught alchemy it would be even more interesting, I think alchemy is pretty cool.
Well, a hot boyfriend and a big wad of cash would be nice… No, no, I think that I would see myself as someone who is successful and happy with my career. That’s probably it, that’s really my biggest want for my life.
I probably wouldn’t, however, it would be awfully tempting.
I’m not very physically-inclined, so I couldn’t really do many of the challenges very well. I’m sure that I would be able to use my quick mind in solving the situations that I would be placed in, but I think I would need more athletic skill. Plus, I just don’t think I’m brave enough in those sorts of situations. I’m bold with my mouth but not so much with circumstances that are dangerous.
B)Why? I would use it in defense only if I was defending myself and a number of other people, I wouldn’t and couldn’t kill someone for only myself. I would use it on a person like Voldemort because he’s so impure of goodness at this point that I don’t really see how he can turn it around, he’s just not a good deserving person and does more harm than help.
Eesh, this is hard:
Ardent - it’s important to feel passionate about anything you are involved in. I think that whenever you find something that you’re passionate about it’s really nice because people often find jobs and do them only because it brings in money and they are often unhappy people. My parents often tell me that in the big scheme of things money doesn’t matter and that passion should matter more because it judges your mood.
Acute - it’s really important to be intelligent and sensitive of certain things. I think that’s how people find their genius is by being acute to what they understand, that really doesn’t make much sense…I’m not the greatest at explaining it in words, but I just think that the people who we find to be geniuses (
Accommodating – I think it’s good to know how to adapt to your surroundings and the needs of others. I think that really shows how nimble-minded you are whenever you can change your plans or actions because of something and still have it work out.
Burlesque - it’s not really necessary to me. I don’t like to mock people and I just don’t see what’s so great about it, from my understanding it’s rather malevolent. I don’t generally judge people just for the fun of it, it’s not in my nature.
12. What single quality do you feel goes the furthest in defining who you are? Explain why.
I would say honesty, I know that I’ve said that so many times in this application, but it really does mean a lot to me. All of the relationships in my life that matter are all built out of and because of honesty. My mom and I are really close and we can talk about anything and I respect her and she respects me and I think it’s because of how honest we are. And I don’t mean the blatant, rude, blunt kind of honest that is just judgmental, I mean the kind that is trustworthy and too like constructive criticism. I just hate how all of my peers are so worried about everyone liking them and pleasing everyone and end up losing themselves in all of that. Even though people get mad at me sometimes for how bold and honest I am, I still like it because I know that I’m keeping me and not trying to mold myself to their likes and dislike because it’s MY life and not theirs.
13. What makes a person deserving of your respect? What makes a person deserving of my respect is whether or not they are honest. I think honesty is something that really lacks in my peers and it’s hard for me to find people that I can trust and respect because of that. I think that helps for me because it’s such a rare quality that it really stands out. It also takes some courage to be honest because not everyone likes it and sometimes you have to go against other people because of what you believe. I think that it also is something that can help you connect with another person. It helps you improve and have a strong relationship with someone.
14. What character from the series do you most relate to? Explain.
I would say that I related to Hermione most. She’s intelligent, hard-working and has common sense and those are all things that I share with her. I really try hard at most things that I do and I always seem to excel at everything I try like her. But also I have issues with being awkward around people and how to deal with their sorrow and stress, but I do tend to soothe people and solve their problems. I also am teased for being intelligent and I am DEFINITELY depended on for homework help. I also get frustrated whenever I’m not good at something right away or if I make a mistake, that’s something I’m absolutely terrible with. I think that I’m not as insecure as she is though, I think that I fall into spells of feeling inadequate and then I see how irrational and immature I’m being and I feel better, but I think that’s also just a teenage thing. However, she seems to lose some of her insecurity as the series goes on, further proving my teenage thing, the hormones rage a lot less.
15. What qualities do you possess from each of the four houses (Please try choosing one from each)?
Slytherin - resourcefulness and ambition. I have great drive, I work really hard for things that I want and I strive for the best, and I’m pretty imaginative, I am good at creating theories and I love to study the unknown and figure things out.
Gryffindor - loyal and bold. I think I am bold because I’m very honest and I am very firm with everything that I do. I think it takes some bravery to be bold, but I think that I am brave with words and beliefs and not so much actions. I think that I am loyal because I am very trustworthy and I am very faithful to those I care about and things that I think about.
Ravenclaw - intelligence, knowledge and wit. I’m a witty person, I appreciate sarcasm and I’ve been around it a lot so I understand it. I’m intelligent and knowledge and I think the two are different in that intelligent is being able to solve problems and know things and just in general be smart. I think knowledge is being wise and having common sense.
Hufflepuff - determination, hard work and again loyalty. I think that determination and hard work are synonymous because you can’t really have one without the other. And loyalty is above in Gryffindor ^
16. A) If you could change one thing about yourself, would you? Yes, I would.
B) What would it be if you did? I would change my level of patience, I think I definitely lack there.
C) Why? I think that patience really helps. I get very frustrated because of my lack of patience and I think that I would further understand some people if I had patience to help.
17. How did you find us? If it was from a post say where and who posted it (If possible, please leave a link to the actual post you saw.) My friend Emalee told me about you guys and I thought it was an interesting concept so I decided to join!
18. Have you applied before? If so, can you please leave a link to your last application? Nope, this is the first time.
19. A) Why should we accept you? I’m not nearly as pompous as I sound in this application, I’m weird with stuff like this, if I’m talking in a conversation it’s easier for me than whenever I answer questions, I can actually sound like a normal teenager rather than a 47-year-old woman trying to sound like a teenager. (that's at least what my mother says I sound like whenever I write)
B)What makes you different than the other applicants we’re reviewing after you? Well, my name’s pretty unique… never met an
20. How many hours weekly do you expect to be able to put into this community? Well considering that it’s the summer… all day, haha I’m such a loser, I’m on the computer all day long… During the school year most likely 1-3 hours a day. I’ll be going into my first year of high school with all pre-AP classes, soccer and marching band so I don’t know how much extra time for the computer I will have that I won’t want to spend sleeping.
21. Please leave some way of communication (either e-mail or AIM) here. If you do not feel comfortable leaving such information open to the public, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the said information, and please state who you are also (meaning giving me your name and LJ name). If you are accepted, this information will be given to your future HoH, so they can contact you if needed.
22. If you are sorted into a House that does not have a Head of House, would you be interested in being one? That would be awesome, but I think that I would rather take it whenever I have more experience with the community and skills with being a mod.